Ecology and Manatee Snorkel Tours
Observe the Nature around Crystal River and King’s Bay with our experienced USCG Captains/Guides.
When is it best to see manatees? Manatees come into the warm water springs of King's Bay to maintain their body temperature. Therefore the best time for viewing manatees is the early morning tour on the coldest day of the year. While there are 50-60 resident manatees here all year, during the coldest days there were over 600 in January 2014. Given the flexibility the single best recommendation is Cold Weekday Mornings.
• Cold = more manatees,
• Weekday = fewer people on the water, and
• Mornings = manatees more active.
For last minute reservations (less than 48 hours)
or more than 10 guests,
please call 352-795-7033
Hours 7:00 to 5:00 Eastern 7 Days/Week
3 Day Cancellation/Refund period.
There will not be any refunds for tours cancelled with less than 3 days notice before the beginning of the tour.
Morning Tour leaves at 7:30, please arrive at 7:00
Afternoon Tour leaves at 11:30, please arrive at 11:00
Costs: $45/person and Includes:
• Complimentary Snorkeling Gear: Masks, Fins, Snorkel, Wetsuit and Snorkeling Vest
• Tours last about 3.5 hours, providing ample time to enjoy the "Gem of Florida's Nature Coast"
• Maximum of 6 guests per boat. Larger groups have the option of having their boats travel together.
• Free Gifts for Children under 8, Please ask after your tour.
• Complimentary underwater film camera with paid groups of 4. ($19.99 value)
• While most guests get in the water and snorkel, it is your choice. We encourage you to take the gear and decide once you are out on the water.
• 45 minute boat ride through the Crystal River State Park and past the ancient Indian mounds, providing unique viewing opportunities of the nature coast.
What to Bring:
• Sense of Adventure!
• Wear your bathing suit
• Comfortable warm clothes to put on after your snorkel (they may get moist from your bathing suit)
• Snacks are available in the shop, but you are welcome to bring your own
• Camera, although we have waterproof shells for most smart phones for sale
We cater to Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, School Groups and more. Please call for group reservations and non-profit pricing.